Scheme Name :- Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD) Scheme for Women

Objective and Brief Description

The scheme helps ease credit availability to women entrepreneurs. The scheme is carried out through institutions and NGOs working in the concerned field , these not only handle the disbursement of loans needed by women but would also provide them adequate counseling, training and assistance in developing markets.

Who can apply?

  • NGOs engaged in assisting poor women for providing credit,
  • MSMEs, EDIs, NISIET and the NGOs for conducting training programmes for empowerment of women
  • EDIs, NIMSME, NIESBUD, IIE, MSME-DIs EDIs sponsored by State Govt. and any other suitable institution of repute for undertaking activities on women empowerment

What is funded?

  • Loan assistance for women
  • Organizing training and counseling
  • Eliciting Information on Related Needs (field surveys, research studies, evaluation studies, designing of training modules, etc)

Extent of Funding Support

  • 30% of the total project cost will be provided by GoI and remaining 70% will be provided by the lending institution routed to women entrepreneurs through selected NGOs
  • Up to 1 lakh of financial support will be provided for training and counseling activities
  • The grant shall be limited up to Rs. 5 lakhs per project for Eliciting Information on Related Needs


Financial assistance for loan will be provided to the NGOs working in the field of women empowerment, such NGOs can download application form from and forward it to the lending institution , specifying the details of project for which loan is sort
The women associations or entrepreneurs can avail this support from such NGOs .
For more information on the scheme visit:

|| Apex Cluster Developement Services Pvt. Ltd. ||
Disclaimer :This scheme compilation is indicative, non-commercial and solely for the information purpose. For final and exact information, please read the concerned scheme document or visit